Saturday, July 30, 2016

SINS OF OMISSION - Entry #45: La peau douce/The Soft Skin (1964)


Running Time: 113 minutes
Directed By: Francois Truffaut
Written By: Francois Truffaut, Jean-Louis Richard
Main Cast: Jean Desailly, Francoise Dorleac, Nelly Benedetti, Daniel Ceccaldi, Laurence Badie
Click here to view the trailer

THE FINAL ENTRY OF THE SUMMER

Chosen as my concluding entry for two reasons:

1 - It was my biggest and best new discovery of the last 100 films and....

2 - I finally have a definitive favorite Truffaut film.












RATING: 9/10

5 comments:

  1. Well, another you have seen that I don't even know .The stills make it look good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's putting me on the spot ...Errr... I think I remember liking 'A Bout De Souffle', and my opinion of Jues et Jim varies from day to day depending on how annoying I find some of the various characters. I think I didn't like 400 blows and follow ups.. but I always struggle with those 'troubled kids, it's all the upbringing's fault'. I'm one of the few who like 'Fahrenheit 451'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bout de souffle is Godard... Sorry I feel very snobby for making that correction. Yeah, I really didn't like Jules and Jim and beyond this, I'd go with Shoot the Piano Player.

      Delete
  3. Oooops .. sorry! And It's not snobby to be correct!

    ReplyDelete

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...