Friday, November 29, 2013

The Sunshine Award!



I know I mentioned it in a previous post, but Brigitte Badeau was kind enough to bestow upon me the Sunshine Award. You can check out Brigitte and her marvelous film reviews over at I Blame Movies. Anyway, I'll, of course, be gracious enough to participate in the award accepting responsibilities, which go something like this:

1. Include the Sunshine Award in a post or on your blog
2. Link to the person who nominated you. 
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself (you may use these or come up with your own)
4. Nominate 10 bloggers.
5. Link your nominees on your blog and comment on their blog to let them know they are nominated.

Here we go...

10 Questions:

1. Most shameful movie confession?

Apparently I didn't quite understand "The Double Life of Veronique". I'm was properly dressed down about it though and I finally stopped crying myself to sleep at night.

2. If you won a free trip, all expenses paid, to ANYWHERE in the world, where would you go?

Hmmm that's a toughie. Let's say London. Always been a fascinating place to me. Plus, I hate sunshine and I hear it's scarce over there.

3. Which is your favorite season and why?

Probably winter. You've got Christmas, plus I hate the heat and LOVE days cuddled under blankets with my wife. Cuddling under blankets in the summer is miserable.

4. Do you ever play board games or non-computer games? Got any favorites?

My wife is a board game junkie and I guess, by default, I am too. We have loads of board games. The Scene It games are fun, but finding someone who's a match for me is difficult. I RULE!! Also love Scattergories and Outburst!

5. What pets do you have? What are their names?

Tucker, an almost three year old toy Yorkie. Here's a picture:


6. Name an early movie memory (film that you loved or hated as a kid, etc.)

When I was a kid, my parents rented "Dirty Dancing" and allowed me to watch it (because it really wasn't vulgar or anything). Anyway, I remember falling in love with that movie for a minute, and watching it about five times before having to return it to the video store. The obsession eventually wore off and I came to my senses, cinematically speaking.

7. One movie most people love that I dislike?

Casablanca. We've discussed this before.

8. Which do you prefer: sweets or salty snacks?

Salty snacks for sure. I don't have much of a sweet tooth. Just give me a bag of Hawaiian Sweet Onion Kettle chips and back away slowly. 

9. What was the last TV show you watched?

Like literally the last one I watched? World's Dumbest on TruTV. It's a definite guilty pleasure, but damn it if it doesn't make me howl with laughter. Brad Loekle is HILARIOUS!!

10. Name a movie that you knew would be terrible just by reading the title?

Hmmm Battleship, perhaps? I'm sorry, you just can't go around making movies out of board games. 

10 Nominees: 










10. Ummm....I literally don't know ANY other bloggers. So if you want to be a part of my blog roll, just shoot me a message or something and I'll get you in there. I WOULD have nominated Dave and his Letterboxd thing, but I'm not sure if that's a blog and...I don't know...

Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you to Brigitte. Please check her out at her own blog, I Blame Movies. She does a wide variety of films and currently has up a review of a great little thriller/courtroom drama "Jagged Edge". 

November 29, 2013  10:12pm

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this honor, Andrew! I will try my best to live up to the standards of the award. I enjoyed reading your answers -- your dog is adorable, BTW -- and look forward to answering them on my blog. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Can't wait to read your answers.

      Delete
  2. Okay, that dog might be one of the cutest dogs I have ever seen. And London is my favorite place in the world; I bet you would fall in love with it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. Glad you enjoyed getting the award.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Andrew, your message on my blog was lovely! You should go to London, it's like my favorite place on earth at the moment and I've only been there twice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Scattergories too! Thanks for nominating me, I will start writing this up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Can't wait to read your answers!

      Delete
  5. I've failed to pick up on your board game thing before.
    OK, perhaps I should be talking to your wife more if she is the driving force on that one.
    I have to ration playing 'Scene it', for danger of running out of questions / clips.
    I'm currently favouring various versions of 'Carcassonne', and feeling a bit embarrassed about enjoying 'Wings of Glory'. I need to start playing 'Ticket to ride' again (Europe version), as i used to play it a lot, but somehow stopped,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it never came up before did it?

      Yes, I dig a good board game. But, yes, it is my wife that is the board game fanatic. I'm pretty sure we've exhausted our Scene It DVDs to the point where we've seen the clips too many times to even stand sitting through them again.

      Delete

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...