Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Revision to the Themes Idea

Just wanted to slap up a quick post and inform anyone who's reading (and myself, when I read this down the road sometime) of the slight changes I've made to the "themes" idea, that I came up with the other day.

Instead of doing random themes, I've decided to make every theme go by director's. There are now six different categories for me to choose from, they are:

CATEGORY #1: This category contains ten films and are all films from director's who directed only one movie from the book or have one movie left, not counting what I've watched thus far.

CATEGORY #2: This category contains ten films and they are comprised of five different director's, each who have directed two films from the book or have two movies left, not counting what I've watched thus far.

CATEGORY #3: This category contains nine films and they are comprised of three different director's, each who have directed three films from the book or have three movies left, not counting what I've watched thus far.

CATEGORY #4: This category contains eight films and they are comprised of two different director's, each who have directed four films from the book or have four movies left, not counting what I've watched thus far.

CATEGORY #5: This category contains ten films and they are comprised of two different director's, each who have directed five films from the book or have five movies left, not counting what I've watched thus far.

STANDALONE CATEGORY: These categories are reserved for director's who have directed six or more films. Names include: Ingmar Bergman, Martin Scorsese, Jean-Luc Godard, Billy Wilder, Woody Allen and Alfred Hitchcock. **NOTE** Alfred Hitchcock was given a special category containing fifteen films, the number of movies he has remaining in the "1001" book.

So that's the list of categories. My wife took her day off to help me categorize all of the films, and every category is now set in stone. I can pick whichever category I choose, but when a category is chosen, I must watch all films from that category, unless of course, they're unfound.

I know I said this the last time and didn't come through, but I WILL be starting on this new method, probably tomorrow and we're still going to kick things off with Ingmar Bergman films and thus knock off our first standalone category.

EDIT: On second thought guys, I think the break that I was taking from the "1001" book, was a much needed one and I've decided to carry it out for a little while longer. I'll certainly return to this blog and the "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die" book at some point, but right now I just need a break from the pages of that book. I really pushed myself in January and February to watch as many thing as I could from the book and I think I'm just "booked" out at the moment.

March 17, 2010 3:47am
REVISED: March 19, 2010 1:01am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...