Saturday, December 24, 2016

SINS OF OMISSION - Entry #47: Senna (2010)

Running Time: 106 minutes
Directed By: Asif Kapadia
Written By: Manish Pandey
Main Cast: Ayrton Senna, Alain Prost, Frank Williams, Ron Dennis, Viviane Senna
Click here to view the trailer

WONDERFUL DOC

Let's just put it this way: I really could not possibly care less about 1) race cars or cars in general 2) race car drivers or 3) car racing - yet this doc made me, for it's length, care about nothing else. This one completely swept me away into the world of Ayrton Senna and when it ended, I had a tear in my eye. Great stuff!

(Couldn't find very many pictures for this one, so you get what you get,)




RATING: 8.5/10





3 comments:

  1. A partial agreement .. In that .. I find motor racing pointless, boring, elitist, and an environmental horror show.. But that doesn't stop me accepting others may enjoy it .. just leave me out of it thank you.
    So I went into this expecting very little, ut (I think) I got more from it than I expected. The hesitation is that. in my memory banks, I'm not sure which bits of which film I remembering - this or the James Hunt one. But I sem to recall thinking it was OK... Helped by the rare fact that for a Bio-Pic, I didn't know which races he would win / loose, ar crash during.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to google the "James Hunt one" and realized you were talking about Rush, which I haven't seen.

      If it helps, this is the documentary and Rush was a biopic...

      Thanks for sticking around Ray

      Delete
  2. OK, fair comment.. I guess it shows that nether really engaged me!!

    ReplyDelete

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...