Monday, October 11, 2010

Coming Soon: 10/10/10 - 10/16/10

I hate to overshadow my "Notorious" review with a "coming soon" post, but I like to keep you guys updated...so if you missed it, because this post is pushing it down...the "Notorious" review is up and you should keep scrolling down to find it. Or if you're here for the "coming soon" post, then you should now remove your finger from the wheel of your mouse and keep reading.

HITCHCOCKTOBER FEST! CONTINUES
*ROPE (1948)
*Strangers on a Train (1951)
*Rear Window (1954)
*The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)

Three Jimmy Stewart movies in one week = a hell of a week in film. Also I've seen two of the four movies on that list and am a big fan of them both. We'll see if my tastes have changed any.

Other movies that are catching my eye this week:

*Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975 - Pier Paolo Pasolini) - I have it in the mail from Netflix, so definitely expect this one by weeks end.

*ROCKY (1976 - John G. Avildsen) - My wife's watching it this week...I may join her.

That's six movies right there, so I'll leave it at that. However, if I do get more time to squeeze in another movie, it is likely I'll watch something from the 2000s, as I've only watched two movies from the 21st century since the randomization.

October 11, 2010 3:48am

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with 'Salo'. Not an easy film to watch, and impossible to like. (Steer clear of anyone who 'likes' this film!). Not even sure if it's all that good at making it's point.. But a very important film. Good lick, look forward to your comments
    Ray.
    (I think some comments are not getting there.. I have repeated this twice now..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was recommended by another follower to watch this one, while I was fresh off of my Fellini run, and particularly "Satyricon".

    ReplyDelete

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...