Monday, September 27, 2010

Coming Soon: 09/26/10 - 10/02/10

Despite some not so stellar ratings, I've been enjoying my time getting familiar with Fellini and I honestly have NOT stopped thinking about "8 1/2" since it ended and the rating will surely rise in time and with another rewatch. Anyway here's what we have left as far as Fellini goes...

*Juliet of the Spirits (1965)
*Satyricon (1969)
*Amarcord (1973)

Next month will see the coming of a new featured director and I've chosen Alfred Hitchcock. I've already watched four of his films from the book, so that means that there are fourteen remaining. I'm going to try to fit in as many Hitchcock movies into October as I possibly can, even the ones that aren't in the book. Of course, I won't be writing reviews for the ones that aren't in the book. This MAY result in a very brief hiatus, as I watch some of Hitch's earlier stuff, but I'm not entirely sure and I really haven't decided what I'm ultimately going to do as far as Hitchcock goes. Anyway, these would be the first five Hitchcock movies chronologically in the book:

*Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
*Spellbound (1945)
*Notorious (1946)
*Rope (1948)
*Strangers on a Train (1951)

Also, the following movies will be leaving the streaming portion of Netflix as of 10/01/2010, so I'd like to fit them in beforehand, otherwise I'll be forced to add them to my "At Home" queue...

*Top Gun (1986 - Tony Scott)
*The Untouchables (1987 - Brian De Palma)

Well there you have it, that should keep us occupied for the next two weeks, but I'll surely be back next Sunday night with my weekly update. One more quick word about the new review format. I hope everyone is enjoying it. I realize that the reviews may sound a bit rambunctious and rambling, but I also feel that they're more personal. I think before I reconstructed my review format, I had everything down to an exact formula and the reviews were getting very robotic. Anyway, feel free to post a word about whether you like or dislike the new format or feel free to comment on any of the upcoming films that I've listed above.

September 27, 2010 1:50am

2 comments:

  1. I was half expecting you to say, "I've already watched four of his films from the book, so that means that there are all the rest of his remaining." 14 is pretty close anyhow.

    Speaking of Brian De Palma, you should check out Sisters in conjunction with Hitchcock. It's very Hitchcockian and available for streaming on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've saw "Sisters" a long time ago and really dont remember it enough to comment. I've always been a De Palma fan though and "Carlito's Way" was (and still is) a personal fav. of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...