Saturday, January 14, 2017

SINS OF OMISSION - Entry #60: Dying at Grace (2003)

Running Time: 148 minutes
Directed By: Allan King
Main Cast: Phyllis Bobbitt, Joyce Bone, Norman Collins, Lloyd Greenway, Colette Hegarty
Click here to view the trailer

BEST OF THE BATCH

What an absolutely heart wrenching film. It was not a pleasurable experience to watch this film, as it was with the other fourteen new entrants. However, I can't deny that this was the best film I saw over the past six months. I cried, I ached for these people. Dying at Grace made me think about my own mortality and made me wish I lived in Canada, so that one day, when my number was up, I could die at Grace, in the care of such kind, dedicated professionals. I loved this film, despite how difficult it was to watch.











RATING: 9/10


2 comments:

  1. OHH .. sorry to disappoint Andrew, I've not see it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kind of an obscure one. I hadn't even heard of it until I saw it steaming on Hulu and realized it was directed by Allan King - the same guy that directed "A Married Couple", which I added during my last batch.

      Delete

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...