Thursday, February 7, 2013

Help Needed!

With 611 films in the bag, I think it's high time I've tried locating the missing thirteen pieces of my "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die" puzzle, so that I can definitely finish my journey. In other words, there's thirteen movies I can't find and they are as follows:

1. The Smiling Madame Beudet/La Souriante Madame Beudet (1922) - There are MULTIPLE copes of this on YouTube, however, none of them have English intertitles.

2. The Baker's Wife/La Femme du Boulanger (1938) - I believe this is also on YouTube, but only in French.

5. Chronicle of a Summer/Chronique d'un ete (1961) - Comes out on Criterion Collection DVD/Blu-Ray next week and if I HAVE to buy it, so be it...but I'd really like to avoid that.

7. Too Early, Too Late/Zu fruh, Zu spat (1981) - Ditto

8. Utu (1983) - Ditto

12. Mediterranee (1963) - Used to be on YouTube, now...not so much.

13. The Travelling Players/O Thiassos (1975) - Ditto

So there they are - the official UNFOUND list. If anyone knows ANYWHERE where I can get my eyes on these movies please message me here at the blog or via e-mail at adduvall84@gmail.com Thanks for any help!

February 7, 2013  7:09pm

6 comments:

  1. 3 - http://veehd.com/video/4679336_Viaggio-in-Italia-Journey-to-Italy-1954-Roberto-Rossellini
    4 - http://veehd.com/video/4561028_The-Housemaid-1960-aka-Hanyo-Full-Movie
    6 - http://veehd.com/video/4729470_Red-Psalm-1972-Hungarian-with-Engsubs
    9 - http://veehd.com/search?q=Shoah (all four parts but in separate videos)
    10 - http://veehd.com/video/4533811_Artists-and-Models-1955-avi
    11 - http://veehd.com/video/4740447_The-Phantom-Carriage-1921-swedish-Silent-Movie-with-English-Subtitle-IMDB-7-9

    With the VeeHD website, you'll probably need to make an account (free and quick), and you will need to download the player from here http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx-plus if you don't already have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huge thanks to you. All the links seem to work and created an account without a hitch, just as you said. THANK YOU!!!

      Delete
  2. My local library (Denver Public library) has 2 copies of Utu. If yours doesn't have it, they should be able to do an interlibrary loan for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason my library doesn't do inter-library loans. They lost the funding for it or something. But thanks for the help anyway!

      Delete
  3. I have just finnished 'Too early too late'.
    You will hate it. I found it painfully boring and pointless.
    But I bought a from a dealer in California off the on-line 'imitation Ebay' site ioffer.
    Andrew.. I will happily lend it to you (i assume it is region free disc, as it came from the USA and played on my R2 player).
    Let me have a postal address
    The same person is also selling Chronicle of a summer, which at this monent is in the post from them to me. If you want, I will lend you this in the same packet?
    I bought Bakers wife from the same person, but it turned out to without English s/t - a bit frustrating, as I lept on the envelope with delight the moment it arrived. (The seller ws apologetic and is sending me something else for free) So if you know anyone who speaks fluent french. No, I don't either.
    'Travelling players' I rented from 'Love Film'.
    'Madame B' I found somehow in English on Utube a year ago, but cannot remember where, ditto 'mediterranee'
    Utu I am still missing myself.
    Ray from the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Ray, I don't quite know what to say, besides thank you. I'll e-mail you tomorrow with my postal info.

      Delete

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...