Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Final 15 and Other Notes

Well folks, we've hit the home stretch, the part of the 100 where I come in and start to wrap things up and guide you to the finish line of another batch of one hundred "must see" films. Last 100, I came in and posted a "final fifteen", so I figured I'd do the same this time, so you all know what to expect as we make our final descent.

I also wanted to let everyone know that I'll be out of town for a few days, starting tomorrow. I'll be heading deep into Ohio to visit some of my wife's family (well, I guess that makes them my family too, huh?) and I won't be back until Sunday evening. So, don't expect anything out of me until, at the very least, Sunday night, although Monday is more plausible. As always, I hope everyone has been enjoying the reviews and my thoughts. I want to thank the few new followers that I've picked up and hope that you have fun taking this journey with me.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Here are the final fifteen films that I'll be watching for this 100, before I make my fifth TOP 20 list. Remember, as always, everything is tentative. Things become unavailable on Netflix everyday and so, if that were to happen, of course, this list would change. However, barring any unexpected circumstances, this will be the next fifteen films I'll be watching as part of my "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die" journey.

1. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953 - Howard Hawks)
2. Rio Bravo (1959 - Howard Hawks)
3. Casablanca (1942 - Michael Curtiz)
4. The Reckless Moment (1949 - Max Ophuls)
5. The Ox-Bow Incident (1943 - William A. Wellman)
6. Adam's Rib (1949 - George Cukor)
7. Kandahar (2001 - Mohsen Makhmalbaf)
8. Amores Perros (2000 - Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu)
9. Good Bye, Lenin! (2003 - Wolfgang Becker)
10. Go, See and Become (2005 - Radu Mihaileanu)
11. Downfall (2004 - Oliver Hirschbiegel)
12. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007 - Julian Schnabel)
13. Pi (1998 - Darren Aronofsky)
14. Requiem for a Dream (2000 - Darren Aronofsky)
15. Easy Rider (1969 - Dennis Hopper)

There you go. I'm sure that won't be the order I'll be watching them in, but it should be the next fifteen I will be watching. I'll see you back here on Sunday night/Monday. Until then, have a great (official) kickoff to your summer!

June 20, 2012  5:55pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...