Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hiatus Time...Again

So I've spent the majority of the summer continuing my journey through the pages of the "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die" book and as the summer draws to a close, so does my current run. Long time readers of this blog, you know the drill. I'll take a break for an undetermined amount of time (my breaks never usually last more than 2 or 3 months max) and then I'll be back to continue plugging away at my ultimate goal of watching all 1001 movies from the previously mentioned text.

I'd like to take this opportunity to also send out a very gracious thank you to Karen Burroughs Hannsberry. Karen was all set to accompany me on a short, seven movie journey through some of the books most popular and best film noir titles. Unfortunately "Seven Shadows Week" (as we had dubbed it) won't be kicking off on September 5th, as I previously mentioned. I hope that she'll still be as enthusiastic about that particular project, as she has been, when I return and HOPEFULLY we can get that to you guys then. If you're unfamiliar with Karen Burroughs Hannsberry, you can check her out in various places....

She can be found on Twitter @TheDarkPages

Speaking of The Dark Pages, it's a bi-monthly, hard copy newsletter which tackles everything film noir and can be found by clicking here. The Dark Pages can also be found on Facebook, by clicking here.

Finally, Karen also hosts her own blog, which I'd highly recommend for fans of film noir, pre-code films and eloquent writing. Shadows and Satin can be found here.

There's a lot of other bloggers out there that have shown me support over the past two years and the ones that I've found that are really worth checking out can be found on the right side of your screen, in my BlogRoll! There's nothing over there that I don't approve of and all of those blogs come with my most approving of nods.

I'll more than likely be back on September 11 for an anniversary post. Aaaaaand I may be back next week with some exciting news on something that happened to me recently, so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, I've written over 300 movie reviews, so hopefully that will give you all something to feast on in my absence. To the people who leave comments, keep leaving them, as I check my dashboard on a daily basis and read ALL comments. Also, if you run out of things to read and are just dying for something written by yours truly (which I can't imagine happening and if it does, then I'm flattered!), then hop on over to Just ADD('s) DVD Reviews, another blog hosted by me and something that I MAY still tinker with in my absence.

I'll say goodbye, but don't you cry...I'll be back again someday...soon.

August 20, 2011 10:26pm


3 comments:

  1. OK, well, enjoy the break. That's something I keep trying to do, but fail!
    Look forward to your return, and I will miss looking to see whats new till then. Perhaps I may catch up on commenting on some of the several you have done, that I have seen, but remain un commented on.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ray. Yes, keep commenting, because I check my dashboard everyday and always look forward to your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog and was a little disappointed to read that you're going on break. It's all good. it gives me time to catch up. I stumbled in through your image for Blow-Up and I'm quite enjoying what I see.

    In fact if you'd like to swing my my place there's a seat for your kind of posts in the 1001 movies You Must See before you Die CLUB!

    www.filmsquish.com/1001

    ReplyDelete

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...